Monthly Archives: March 2017
François Charles Amand Fillon was one of the most promising names when it came to French politics, and he was the former prime minister of France who served from 2007 to 2012 and currently he is the presidential candidate from the Republican party of France. He has years of experience in handling some of the key portfolios in French government like education minister and labour minister and ecology and sustainable development minister in different regimes.
– His wife is Welsh from Llanover, near Abergavenny.
– They have five children
– They live a 12th-Century manor house near Le Mans in western France
He was considered as a third when he nominated himself for the 2016 Republic Presidential Primary, and in a week’s time, he was the favourite candidate from the Republican Party when Alain Juppé supported him after the run-off on 27 November 2016. In the months of November and December 2016, he was the frontrunner for the presidential election of 2017, but the series of disclosures of political scandals which burst to its paroxysm today seem to ruin his chances suddenly went to the backseat in the presidential elections.
François Fillon has always denied and has refused to step aside for another candidate, complaining instead that he was the victim of a “political assassination” and added, “if investigation reports prove me guilty, I will leave the presidential election.”
Two of the most efficient and renowned exist polls Ifop, and BVA has suggested that he will be thrown out by the people in the first round of elections that will be held in April 2017. According to sources, even his party members from Les Républicains party are against him and put pressure on him to leave the presidential candidacy since the allegations were made public by the leading newspaper Le Canard Enchaîné.
It will be interesting to see the results in the first round of the election and the time will tell whether people accepts François Fillon or not. If he loses the elections, it may be the end of his political career.
IMPORTANT POINTS OF HIS POLITICAL PLANS:
– cutting half a million public sector jobs, scrapping the 35-hour work week and remove the wealth tax (ISF).
– He wants to strip jihadists returning from the wars in Iraq or Syria of their French nationality
– Require parents in receipt of social allowances to agree to a “parental responsibility contract”, to tackle children’s absenteeism or behaviour “disrespectful of the values of the French republic”.
– Fillon wants to engage with Russia by lifting EU sanctions and help Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to defeat the Islamic State (IS).
WHAT HAVE THE FILLONS DONE WRONG?
Nothing, say Francois Fillon and his wife, who insist everything was above board. But prosecutors have decided there is sufficient evidence to open a full judicial inquiry into abuse of public funds and on 15 March the examining magistrate is expected to place him under formal investigation.
The question is: did Penelope Fillon do the work she was paid for? Satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaîné alleged in late January that she did not – and got €831,400 (£710,000; $900,000) for her trouble.
She was employed as her husband’s parliamentary assistant from 1988-90 and again in 1998-2002 and then by his successor, Marc Jouland, from 2002-2007.
She worked again for Mr Fillon from 2012-13. That is all very well if she did the work, but one report suggests she did not have a parliamentary pass or a work email.
According to Le Canard Enchaîné, she also pocketed €100,000 for writing just a handful of articles for a literary review La Revue des Deux Mondes, owned by a billionaire friend of the family, Marc Ladreit de Lacharriere.
Today, Penelope Fillon was officially charged with embezzlement of public funds, a coup de grace for Fillon’s election himself charged earlier this month! These elections couldn’t be more exciting and uncertain.
DID YOU KNOW?
Marine Le Pen is also under investigation for allegedly using European Parliament staff allowances to pay for FN party employees, including a personal bodyguard.
WHAT THE FRENCHIES THINK OF THIS WHOLE ORDEAL?
900 000 Euros dans la poche de fillon?, ok, c’est pas cher à payer par rapport à ce que Hollande et sa clique nous ont fait perdre et nous fera perdre Macron et son programme qui n’a aucun sens et je ne parle même pas de MLP. Fillon est la seule alternative.
900 000 Euros in Fillon’s pocket ?, ok, it is acceptable compared to what Holland and his clique have made us lose and will make us lose with Macron and its program that makes no sense, and I do not speak even about MLP. Fillon is the only alternative.
Ce que cet article ne dit pas:
Si Penelope Fillon est mise en examen par les juges d’instruction, ceux-ci, par contre, ont enfreint les lois de procédure pénale:
– ils n’ont instruit qu’à charge;
– ils n’ont pas tenu compte de la présomption d’innocence;
– enfin, ils n’ont pas respecté la séparation des pouvoirs (mais là, depuis Mitterrand, la France a l’habitude, au plus grand étonnement, d’ailleurs, des démocraties européennes).
Qui dira encore que la Justice française dans le cas présent est absolument impartiale et politiquement indépendante???
What this article does not say:
If Penelope Fillon is under investigation by the investigating judges, they, on the other hand, have infringed the laws of criminal procedure:
They have instructed only on charges;
– they did not take into account the presumption of innocence;
– finally, they have not respected the separation of powers (but since Mitterrand, France is accustomed, to the greatest astonishment, moreover, of the other European democracies).
Who will say that the French Justice, in this case, is absolutely impartial and politically independent ???
Demander a Cahuzac, Tevennoud, …
Ensuite mise en examen ne veut pas dire condamnée!
Ask this to Cahuzac, Tevennoud, …
Then indictment does not mean condemned!
C’est émouvant le jusqu’au boutisme acharné des fillonistes……
Malheureusement la prévarication, l’enrichissement personnel la malhonnêteté et le clientélisme de Monsieur Fillon sont dorénavant connus de tous.
It is moving how the hard line attitude of Fillon’s fan can go …
Unfortunately, the prevarication, the personal enrichment the dishonesty and the clientelism of Mr Fillon are henceforth known to all.
Les emplois fictifs dans le privé n’ont rien d’illégaux. Des individus au placard dans les grands groupes il y en a des centaines. Dans les années 90 la société qui m’employait , et dont l’Etat était actionnaire, a été contrainte d’accepter l’embauche d’un ami du ministre de l’industrie au sein de son état major . Ce type ne foutait rien et était grassement payé. Et ça a duré 4 ans .
The fictitious jobs in the private sector are not illegal. There are hundreds of individuals in the closet in large groups. In the 90s the company that employed me, and whose state was a major shareholder, was forced to accept the hiring of a friend of the Minister of Industry within his staff. This guy did not give a damn and was well paid to do nothing; it lasted four years.
Sacré French 🙂
French Election Coverage: Meet Emmanuel Macron, the Dashing Prince Charming of French Politics (Part 2) D-23
By the sight of the above chart, none of the candidates will win outright the majority needed. There will be a run-off vote between the two leading candidates two weeks later on 7 May.
The campaign of centre-right Republicans candidate Francois Fillon has been overshadowed by the announcement that a judge is investigating persistent media claims of financial wrongdoing, centred on payments of public money made to his wife and children. A shame for him as he’s now showing as France’s third choice being eliminated straight on.
It seems like Emmanuel Macron’s style hated by some and loved by others is paying off putting him in 2nd. But who is that 39-year-old man if elected will be the youngest French president of France’s history?
Four facts about him:
- He attended L’École Nationale d’administration (ENA), English: National School of Administration
- Pro-business and wealthy: Macron cut his teeth in the world of finance by working from 2008-2012 as a banker for Rothschild. While there he brokered a €9 billion takeover of a Pfizer subsidiary by Nestlé, which made him a millionaire.
- He married his French Teacher at 37 who he madly fell in love with when he was 17. 37-year-old married woman he fell in love with when he was just 17. They remain together to this day.
- He began his political career only two years ago.
Well, Emmanuel Macron, an outsider who is probably going to be the president of France, has his rallies are sold out in advance, and the strength is far higher than his rivals like Le Pen and Fillon.
He is regarded as a crowd puller, and his supporters absolutely love him…Why the French love him?
- Macron is Kennedy-handsome, has a Clintonesque charisma, and is bold in his campaigning staging big, American-style rallies throughout France à la Obama style.
- He strongly believes that there are two Frances and there are millions of people who are disillusioned by the traditional left and right parties. Hence the creation of En Marche! meaning Forward! or On the Move!, also known by its official name Association pour le Renouvellement de la vie Politique (Association for the Renewal of Politics), is a social liberal political party in France founded on 6 April 2016.
- Businesses love him as well as he is the only knowledgeable “economist”.
- French people like his youth, his freshness and his style. They are sick of the same old elephants like Juppé. The youth is searching for a political renaissance, and Macron represents a whole lot of generations: the young people because of his age, middle age again because of the age proximity and the seniors because of his proximity with senior politicals. He’s the candidate of everyone.
- Francois Hollande being the most unpopular president of all time, knowing that Emmanuel Macron refers to him as a “Tartemolle” (in English sluggish tart),
- The French understand his style and his vocabulary which wasn’t the case with Francois Hollande who needed to downgrade his French vocabulary to make himself understood by most of the French.
- He’s a centrist, not too far right nor far left.
Well, and what about his political programme for France?
- He has, however, promised 10,000 more police officers – similar to a pledge made by Marine Le Pen – and the rebuilding of regional intelligence networks.
- Also, he plans to increase the defence budget by 2% (Like Marine Le Pen) and would hire 10,000 police officers to prevent terrorist attacks like Charlie Hebdo attacks.
- Also, he would hire more than 5000 school teachers and would merge many public and private sector pension schemes.
- He opposed the anti-immigration steps and policies by American President Mr Donald Trump and broadcasted a video inviting American Engineers and other technocrats to come to France.
The 4th week of the April will decide the fate of Mr Emmanuel Macron, but as of today, he emerged as the front-runner in the French Presidential Elections.
What French people say about him on Social Media?
Il a raison quand on voit les têtes de vainqueurs des primaires du Centre avec NKM, Bruno Le Maire, Copé et papy Juppé, Macron a toutes ses chances.
He is right when we see the heads of winners of the Center primaries with NKM, Bruno Le Maire, Cope and Papy Juppé; Macron has all his chances (to win).
Je ne voterais pas pour cette gauche ” bourgeoise “”
I would not vote for “champagne socialist.”
La gauche et son défilé de mannequins…macron, peillon, Montebourg, mélanchon, etc…
tous de bons comédiens, la farce est royal, là, on a vraiment la gauche décomposée et seul Cambadélis détient la vérité, enfin
The left wing and its parade of models … macron, Peillon, Montebourg, melanchon, etc.
All good actors, the farce is royal, there, we really have a decomposed left wing and only Cambadélis holds the truth in fact.
Pitoyable comédie humaine qui ne prêterait qu’à en rire si elle ne nous coûtait pas aussi chère.
Et les Français vont élire ce conseiller. Les banquiers auront réussi un bon coup, un coup magistral, avoir un banquier à la Présidence de la République.
Pitiful human comedy that would make me laugh if it did not cost us that much.
And the French will elect that “counsellor” indeed, a banker as a President.
Un programme cohérent, réfléchit et construit sur plusieurs années contre un programme rédigé en quelques semaines dont ni les effets, ni les coûts et ni les conséquences ont été évalués avec sérieux. Voilà le choix qui sera à faire pour cette élection. Allez Macron !
A consistent programme, thorough and built Go Macron!
Macron fait la promotion de son catalogue où l’on trouve à boire et à manger. Attention à la malbouffe… méfions nous du service après vente 😉
Macron promotes its catalogue where you can find food and drink. Beware of junk food … beware of the after sales service too 😉
Pour moi , c’est les gauchos alliés a la droite et aux extrêmes qui ont trahis le PS .Depuis 81 , ce parti était devenu un parti de gouvernement et grace à des Le Drian ,Delanoe….devenait crédible. Pour la premiére fois je vais voter contre le PS radicalisé et irresponsable vie Macron , le plus réformiste .Je comprends que la majorité des sympatisans votent Macron , car Hamon et ses propositions pour ruiner la France avec une charge publique qui va friser les 60% C’EST 10 MILLIONS DE CHOMEURS ,les chèques en bois et open bar a tous les étages :
32 heures,+de policiers + d’enseignants,plus d’infirmieres,+de 250 000 places de créches+ 150 000 logements sociaux +de minima sociaux+d’alloc dès le premier enfant +d’aides pour les maisons de retraites +de retraites (pénibles) + pour la recherche ,l’armée +pour la culture + d’argent pour la transition énergétique + pour la formation n’en jetez plus …..Avec quel argent .Comme des millions de Français pour une gauche responsable et de bon sens savent qu’il faut créer de la richesse pour la redistribuer , ,je vote E M
For me, it is the left wing allied to the right wing and the far wings betrayed the Socialist Party. Since 81, this party had become a party of government thanks to people like Le Drian, Delanoe …. It was credible. For the first time, I will vote against the radicalized and irresponsible and vote for the most reformist Macron. I understand that the majority votes Macron, because Hamon and his proposals will ruin France with a public charge that will curl the 60% IT’S 10 MILLIONS OF UNEMPLOYED, bad checks and open bar at all floors:
The 32 hours work policy, more police + teachers, more nurses, + 250,000 places in nurseries, + 150,000 social housing + social benefits + allowance for the first child + subsidies for old people’s homes + Retirements (annoying) + for research, army + for culture + money for energy transition + for training….. A lot of money spent! With what money?? Common sense please, we must create wealth to redistribute it, , I vote EM
Macron est un pur produit de communication et marketing lancé pour être consommé a fond par les français, “un pur produit jeune et frais”. Je ne vois nulle part en lui une quelconque transcendance et encore moins de le stature présidentielle, seulement le vide absolu.
Macron is a pure product of communication and marketing launched to be consumed thoroughly by the French, “a pure product young and fresh”. I see nowhere in him any transcendence and still less the presidential stature, only the absolute void.
Macron est le mieux placé pour devenir le 8ème Président de la 5ème République, c’est à dire le second Président de personne.
Il devrait arriver au niveau de François à mi-quinquennat. Se rappeler que François est arrivé à ce niveau de vacuité et de vide intersidéral après toute une vie de travail acharné.
Mais le résultat est là, un sans faute salué par le monde entier.
Transformer l’or en plomb, ça c’est quelque chose.
Macron is best placed to become the 8th President of the 5th Republic, i.e. the second President of nobody.
He should arrive at the level of François at mid-term. Remember that Francois arrived at this level of emptiness and interstellar void after a lifetime of hard work.
But the result is there, a no-fault greeted by the whole world.
Turning gold into lead is something.
À bon entendeur… Mort de rire…
As the French presidential elections becoming the talk of South Kensington, there are many speculations, and polls from agencies, reporters and news channels across the world are making predictions. The leader of the Right National Front Party, Mrs Marine Le Pen is considered as one of the most potential candidates, and here, we have tried to give our readers some crucial facts that can help them to know more about her.
• Her full real name is Marion Anne Perrine Le Pen
• At the beginning of her career as a lawyer, she volunteered for immediate summary trials. In this context, she is led to defend a foreigner in an irregular situation and ironically wins these cases 8 times out of 10.
• She’d been known for being a party animal for years; she inherited of the nickname of “lofteuse” French slang for a party animal.
• Five years ago, she took over the party from her father, and the founder of the Front National Party Jean-Marie Le Pen and she has inherited politics from him. She has started attending FN meetings at the age of 13 along with her father, and it has shaped her political career to a great extent.
• A comedian known for making Nazi-evocative gesture “La Quenelle” is a big fan of Marine and the National Front.
Don’t be complacent… We’ve seen with Trump’s victory in the USA that today everything’s possible. People are not trusting the traditional media influences and articles anymore. They look way further and try to understand in their own way the world. Demonising a politician is not anymore a way to eliminate and bury him from the politic scene anymore!
Secularism is threatened by the very presence of Islam which has become the first practised religion of France, enough to scare the working and middle classes.
The immigration issue and fear from immigrants, especially Muslims (again!) and the current antipathy in EU has put forward Marine Le Pen.
All in all, France’s reality today is immigration, terrorism, insecurity, …
The French are scared, so afraid that the taboo of a far-right presidency no longer holds in France and her 144 commitments to the French People, Le Pen has promised the following:
• She will protect France from globalisation and reduce taxes and enhance welfare payments for working class.
• Also, she has announced that she will make the procedure of becoming a French citizen tough and deport all the illegal immigrants from the country.
• Hold a referendum to revise the Constitution
• Restore the automatic expulsion of foreign criminals and offenders. Establish bilateral agreements that allow sentenced foreigners to serve their sentences in their countries of origin.
• Make it impossible to regularise or naturalise illegal foreigners. Simplify and automate their expulsion.
• Permanently pave all public buildings of the French flag and remove the European flag.
• She had welcomed the exit of the Britain from the European Union and promised that Frexit is next if she comes in power.
Her political programme seems to reassure the people, and according to some polls and election experts, she is most probably going to be in the final round of the presidential elections in May.
The world is changing….
The first round of presidential elections will be held in France on April 22. In case no party wins the majority, two candidates with highest votes will contest for the second round on May 6.
French Attitude toward Le Pen
J’adhère à 1000% car pour devenir français, il faut le mériter!!!
beaucoup prennent la nationalité française pour bénéficier des avantages,?
Qui peuplent nos prisons ?
On voit ce qui se passe avec les attentats, ce sont pour beaucoup des français d’origne…..
OUI au FN
I adhere to (Le Pen’s political views) 1000% because to become French, you have to deserve !!!
Many take French citizenship to enjoy the benefits?
Who populate our prisons?
We see what happens with the terrorist attacks, they are for many French people.
YES to the FN
Je ne suis pas contre l’idée mais qui décide si machin ou truc est méritant ou pas, et selon quels critères ? Elle a précisé quelque chose à ce sujet ? Parce que c’est là que ça devient intéressant!
I am not against the idea (of toughening the procedure of becoming a French citizen ) but who decides whether or not X or Y deserve the citizenship, and according to what criteria? Did she say something about that? Because that’s where it gets interesting!
Le pen continue le business du père de gagner des sous en participant aux élections mais sans se faire élire.Fillon est un corrompu mais qui fait dans l’artisanat local alors macron fait dans la multinationale.
Le Pen continues her father’s business of winning pennies by participating in elections but without getting elected. Fillon is a corrupt and excels in local craftsmanship then Macron excels in the multinational.
A choisir entre Marine et Macron le menteur destructeur cynique et impitoyable.. il n’y a pas à hésiter !! C’est Marine . Avec Macron, c’est la mort et la misère assurée pour beaucoup de français et françaises.
Between Marine and Macron the cynical destructive ruthless liar .. there is no hesitation !! It’s Marine. With Macron, it is death and misery assured for many French.
Moi ça me dérange qu’un pays étranger qui ne recherche que notre ruine et la destruction de l’Union Européenne finance un parti politique qui justement… prone le fin de l’Europe! D’autant plus quand ce pays n’est ni un ami ni une démocratie exemplaire, loin s’en faut, et qu’il fait déjà peur à tous ses voisins, dont certains sont membres… de l’Union Europénne! Ça a comme une odeur de haute trahison…
It disturbs me that a foreign country that only seeks our ruin and the destruction of the European Union finances a political party that precisely … want to the end Europe! Especially when this country is neither a friend nor an exemplary democracy, far from it, and that scares all its neighbors, some of which are members … of the European Union! It smells like high treason …