French Election Coverage: Meet Emmanuel Macron, the Dashing Prince Charming of French Politics (Part 2) D-23
By the sight of the above chart, none of the candidates will win outright the majority needed. There will be a run-off vote between the two leading candidates two weeks later on 7 May.
The campaign of centre-right Republicans candidate Francois Fillon has been overshadowed by the announcement that a judge is investigating persistent media claims of financial wrongdoing, centred on payments of public money made to his wife and children. A shame for him as he’s now showing as France’s third choice being eliminated straight on.
It seems like Emmanuel Macron’s style hated by some and loved by others is paying off putting him in 2nd. But who is that 39-year-old man if elected will be the youngest French president of France’s history?
Four facts about him:
- He attended L’École Nationale d’administration (ENA), English: National School of Administration
- Pro-business and wealthy: Macron cut his teeth in the world of finance by working from 2008-2012 as a banker for Rothschild. While there he brokered a €9 billion takeover of a Pfizer subsidiary by Nestlé, which made him a millionaire.
- He married his French Teacher at 37 who he madly fell in love with when he was 17. 37-year-old married woman he fell in love with when he was just 17. They remain together to this day.
- He began his political career only two years ago.
Well, Emmanuel Macron, an outsider who is probably going to be the president of France, has his rallies are sold out in advance, and the strength is far higher than his rivals like Le Pen and Fillon.
He is regarded as a crowd puller, and his supporters absolutely love him…Why the French love him?
- Macron is Kennedy-handsome, has a Clintonesque charisma, and is bold in his campaigning staging big, American-style rallies throughout France à la Obama style.
- He strongly believes that there are two Frances and there are millions of people who are disillusioned by the traditional left and right parties. Hence the creation of En Marche! meaning Forward! or On the Move!, also known by its official name Association pour le Renouvellement de la vie Politique (Association for the Renewal of Politics), is a social liberal political party in France founded on 6 April 2016.
- Businesses love him as well as he is the only knowledgeable “economist”.
- French people like his youth, his freshness and his style. They are sick of the same old elephants like Juppé. The youth is searching for a political renaissance, and Macron represents a whole lot of generations: the young people because of his age, middle age again because of the age proximity and the seniors because of his proximity with senior politicals. He’s the candidate of everyone.
- Francois Hollande being the most unpopular president of all time, knowing that Emmanuel Macron refers to him as a “Tartemolle” (in English sluggish tart),
- The French understand his style and his vocabulary which wasn’t the case with Francois Hollande who needed to downgrade his French vocabulary to make himself understood by most of the French.
- He’s a centrist, not too far right nor far left.
Well, and what about his political programme for France?
- He has, however, promised 10,000 more police officers – similar to a pledge made by Marine Le Pen – and the rebuilding of regional intelligence networks.
- Also, he plans to increase the defence budget by 2% (Like Marine Le Pen) and would hire 10,000 police officers to prevent terrorist attacks like Charlie Hebdo attacks.
- Also, he would hire more than 5000 school teachers and would merge many public and private sector pension schemes.
- He opposed the anti-immigration steps and policies by American President Mr Donald Trump and broadcasted a video inviting American Engineers and other technocrats to come to France.
The 4th week of the April will decide the fate of Mr Emmanuel Macron, but as of today, he emerged as the front-runner in the French Presidential Elections.
What French people say about him on Social Media?
Il a raison quand on voit les têtes de vainqueurs des primaires du Centre avec NKM, Bruno Le Maire, Copé et papy Juppé, Macron a toutes ses chances.
He is right when we see the heads of winners of the Center primaries with NKM, Bruno Le Maire, Cope and Papy Juppé; Macron has all his chances (to win).
Je ne voterais pas pour cette gauche ” bourgeoise “”
I would not vote for “champagne socialist.”
La gauche et son défilé de mannequins…macron, peillon, Montebourg, mélanchon, etc…
tous de bons comédiens, la farce est royal, là, on a vraiment la gauche décomposée et seul Cambadélis détient la vérité, enfin
The left wing and its parade of models … macron, Peillon, Montebourg, melanchon, etc.
All good actors, the farce is royal, there, we really have a decomposed left wing and only Cambadélis holds the truth in fact.
Pitoyable comédie humaine qui ne prêterait qu’à en rire si elle ne nous coûtait pas aussi chère.
Et les Français vont élire ce conseiller. Les banquiers auront réussi un bon coup, un coup magistral, avoir un banquier à la Présidence de la République.
Pitiful human comedy that would make me laugh if it did not cost us that much.
And the French will elect that “counsellor” indeed, a banker as a President.
Un programme cohérent, réfléchit et construit sur plusieurs années contre un programme rédigé en quelques semaines dont ni les effets, ni les coûts et ni les conséquences ont été évalués avec sérieux. Voilà le choix qui sera à faire pour cette élection. Allez Macron !
A consistent programme, thorough and built Go Macron!
Macron fait la promotion de son catalogue où l’on trouve à boire et à manger. Attention à la malbouffe… méfions nous du service après vente 😉
Macron promotes its catalogue where you can find food and drink. Beware of junk food … beware of the after sales service too 😉
Pour moi , c’est les gauchos alliés a la droite et aux extrêmes qui ont trahis le PS .Depuis 81 , ce parti était devenu un parti de gouvernement et grace à des Le Drian ,Delanoe….devenait crédible. Pour la premiére fois je vais voter contre le PS radicalisé et irresponsable vie Macron , le plus réformiste .Je comprends que la majorité des sympatisans votent Macron , car Hamon et ses propositions pour ruiner la France avec une charge publique qui va friser les 60% C’EST 10 MILLIONS DE CHOMEURS ,les chèques en bois et open bar a tous les étages :
32 heures,+de policiers + d’enseignants,plus d’infirmieres,+de 250 000 places de créches+ 150 000 logements sociaux +de minima sociaux+d’alloc dès le premier enfant +d’aides pour les maisons de retraites +de retraites (pénibles) + pour la recherche ,l’armée +pour la culture + d’argent pour la transition énergétique + pour la formation n’en jetez plus …..Avec quel argent .Comme des millions de Français pour une gauche responsable et de bon sens savent qu’il faut créer de la richesse pour la redistribuer , ,je vote E M
For me, it is the left wing allied to the right wing and the far wings betrayed the Socialist Party. Since 81, this party had become a party of government thanks to people like Le Drian, Delanoe …. It was credible. For the first time, I will vote against the radicalized and irresponsible and vote for the most reformist Macron. I understand that the majority votes Macron, because Hamon and his proposals will ruin France with a public charge that will curl the 60% IT’S 10 MILLIONS OF UNEMPLOYED, bad checks and open bar at all floors:
The 32 hours work policy, more police + teachers, more nurses, + 250,000 places in nurseries, + 150,000 social housing + social benefits + allowance for the first child + subsidies for old people’s homes + Retirements (annoying) + for research, army + for culture + money for energy transition + for training….. A lot of money spent! With what money?? Common sense please, we must create wealth to redistribute it, , I vote EM
Macron est un pur produit de communication et marketing lancé pour être consommé a fond par les français, “un pur produit jeune et frais”. Je ne vois nulle part en lui une quelconque transcendance et encore moins de le stature présidentielle, seulement le vide absolu.
Macron is a pure product of communication and marketing launched to be consumed thoroughly by the French, “a pure product young and fresh”. I see nowhere in him any transcendence and still less the presidential stature, only the absolute void.
Macron est le mieux placé pour devenir le 8ème Président de la 5ème République, c’est à dire le second Président de personne.
Il devrait arriver au niveau de François à mi-quinquennat. Se rappeler que François est arrivé à ce niveau de vacuité et de vide intersidéral après toute une vie de travail acharné.
Mais le résultat est là, un sans faute salué par le monde entier.
Transformer l’or en plomb, ça c’est quelque chose.
Macron is best placed to become the 8th President of the 5th Republic, i.e. the second President of nobody.
He should arrive at the level of François at mid-term. Remember that Francois arrived at this level of emptiness and interstellar void after a lifetime of hard work.
But the result is there, a no-fault greeted by the whole world.
Turning gold into lead is something.
À bon entendeur… Mort de rire…
Posted on March 26, 2017, in Politics and tagged french attitude toward election 2017, french election, How Emmanuel Macron is charming France's globalised youth, Meet the candidates, meet the front runners, Political, why the french like macron Emmanuel. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.